Sunday, May 25, 2014

Listen To Your Body


On my way home from work Monday I was thinking that as soon as I made it home I was "hitting the hay."  Instead when I walked in my husband said "Do you want to take a walk?"  Of course I didn't really feel like it but it gives us a chance to exercise together and talk together.

It really is a good way for me to release any stress I have from work and ask for Alan's feedback.  He has ALWAYS given me good advice.  However; the problem on this particular day was I needed to listen to my body and rest.  As it turned out I didn't rest much at all.

Once I was back at the house I decided I needed to pay some bills and balance my checkbook.  By the time we ate supper and I took my bath, I was exhausted.

The next day after work I made sure that I listened to my body...I came home and took a nap.  It was one of those naps where you fall asleep and wake up over and over.  Not very good sleep but rest none the less. My bladder and sciatica were bothering me that day. When I woke up I was in still in pain.

Scooter McScoot





Scooter, one of my cats, came to my rescue.  She joined me in bed and crawled up on my chest. She is a tiny cat.  When she opens her mouth to meow all that comes out is a wee little squeak.  Some of the other cats pick on her because she is so small.  She has a very faint purr.  But when I pet her a lot her purr is very fast and soothing. She is always a  sweetheart and loves to be petted. I enjoyed her company for about thirty minutes and then I got up.  

I felt much better after listening to my body, taking a nap and enjoying the comfort of one of my fury friends.







What about spiritual rest for our souls??!  When we are weary and we need comfort Jesus commands us to come to Him and not rely on ourselves.  We are to come to Him as disciples who want to learn from Him not just to receive something from Him. He promises us a very powerful gift "rest for the soul."  It doesn't get any better than that!


My advice is to listen to your body when it is telling you it needs to rest.  When your spirits are down and you don't know what to do, ask Jesus to hep you.  He wants you to come to Him and depend on Him totally. And like Snoopy says "Learn from yesterday and rest this afternoon!"


You can email me:
bbbennett65@gmail.com

You can follow me on Twitter:

You can follow me on Pinterest:




 

No comments:

Post a Comment