Sunday, July 14, 2013

Why Can't Things Just Be Easy?



I am struggling.  This is no doubt about it.  I'm always in pain. I'm not sleeping well and I'm staying nauseated. I sleep for only for a few hours at a time. I feel like it is not enough time for my body to heal itself.  I stay so nauseated that I'm not eating much.  Not eating much only makes me weaker and more tired. Day after day the same cycle. No sleep, pain, nausea, weakness and pure exhaustion! Oh, did I forget to  mention stress?

Thursday, after work, I came home and had a meltdown.  After a long, hot bath I laid in the bed for some rest.  I turned on the radio to drown out the other sounds in the house that were annoying me.

When I heard a particular song I started bawling.  I can relate so much to the lyrics.  I wanted to share the song with you, because I know you may be struggling too.

Later I watched a video for this song and listened to the lyrics again.  I started doubting what the lyrics meant....I should know better.  I thought I had learned that lyrics can have different meanings to different people. But apparently not, so my instincts were to research the meaning of the lyrics.  I found a video from one of the writers of the song.  As it turned out, the desire to research turned into such a blessing!

In his video, he reminded me that I am struggling for a reason.  We all are struggling for a reason.  It is usually not the easy and comfortable times when God is using us.  He says that God is telling us, it is not our circumstances that need to change, but it is us that needs to change!!!

If you have chronic pain, burdens or struggles there is a reason.  Each person has to figure out for themselves why they are going through a particular struggle or difficult times in their lives.  I don't fully know why I am going through this battle.  I do know that every person touches lives in ways that sometimes we don't even realize.

I am reminded of Romans 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."  God promises us that if we obey Him, meditate on His Word and Trust Him fully He will make our way prosperous, not matter what is going on in our life.

If you would like to watch the video, I have added a link.  Let me know your thoughts below.

Some additional tips for IC Patients:

For more information on Interstitial Cystitis please visit the ICA Website

You can email me:
bbbennett65@gmail.com

You can follow me on Twitter:
 
You can follow me on Pinterest:
 
 








2 comments:

  1. I struggle with this so much. And I have heard this song many times and it makes me cry. I feel so "worn." I often wonder and ask God why am I going through this? What have I done or not done? What can I do to fix me so my circumstances will change? I have tried all the praying, crying, staying in the Word, you name it. My faith is being severely tested.

    You wrote: He says that God is telling us, it is not our circumstances that need to change, but it is us that needs to change!!! Okay, exactly, what is it about "me" that needs to change? If I knew, I'd change it.

    I am so tired today and have no idea how to make it through another 9 hour workday.

    Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can relate to what you are doing through. I sometimes feel like I am doing everything I should be...but then I have to fully examine my heart. I was praying about my struggles recently and I felt God was telling me to change my attitude. If my circumstances were not going to change then I had to change the way I was dealing with it. I had to ask myself "am I doing what God has called you to do at this point in your life?"

      I don't know what needs to change about you and you don't know what needs to change about me. I don't know your heart, but God does. Ask Him to reveal to you what needs to be changed. Hugs and prayers to you!!!

      Delete