Monday, March 11, 2013

I'll Drink To That

I had a good week. I am so grateful I had six good days in a row!! A good day for me now is one where I didn't wake up exhausted, depressed or in a lot of pain.

I went to physical therapy on Monday afternoon. I told my therapist that I was not sure how much longer I would be able to continue therapy. It is draining to drive back and forth.  It is also draining on my finances.  It is not that I don't want to continue to go, but I am trying to be realistic.  She says I know that we are going to have to "break up" one day.  That is pt talk for not seeing a patient anymore.  She is so funny!

I look forward to going to therapy. Not only for the physical therapy, but for the mental therapy.  I look forward to seeing my therapist.  She gives me positive energy!  Why would I ever really want to stop??!!

We first talked and she went over my food diary with me.  She noticed that I drink 7 Up or Sprite when I am nauseated.  Since I had been nauseated a lot when I did the diary, she mentioned again that the stomach likes it, but it is an irritant for the bladder.  Water is the best choice for the bladder....water is just the best choice all around for anyone! 

This week she continued to do skin rolling on the back on my left leg and bottom. She also did some pressure point releasing on my legs. It hurt so bad that I literally came off of the table a couple of times. However, I know the reward will be pain relief!  When she finished she asked "How do you feel?"  I said "I am sore already!" 

It usually takes about 30-45 minutes before I feel the soreness, but not this time.  She asked if I wanted an ice pack.  I said "Not really, but I guess I will try it."  I do not like ice packs.  I am a heating pack or heating pad kinda girl.

She gave me the ice pack and suggested that I sit in one of the massage chairs.  The fun part about it was that she joined me.  She sat in one of the massage chairs too and we chatted for a few minutes.  She spent extra time with me that not only made my body better, it touched my heart.  She is a special lady to me.

I have not been as nauseated this week and I have made a conscious effort to drink more water.  I have also been thinking about water often throughout the week.

My Mama has been suffering from her diverticulitis for a couple of weeks.  I told her I would print some information about it for her.  When I looked it up, it said that to prevent it: eat a high fiber diet, drink plenty of water and exercise regularly.

Oh there it is again, water, water, water.  As you may know I am a huge fan of water (see blog post "On The Lighter Side" http://bb65ichope.blogspot.com/2012/10/on-lighter-side.html)  Soaking in a warm tub with Epsom salt is almost a daily ritual for me.  It relieves pain and provides stress relief.  It is also a quiet time that I use for prayer and to just think.

Proper hydration with water plays a critical role in your health and well being.  But what about The Living Water? Water is a symbol of our Lord Jesus Christ and His teachings. As water is essential to sustain physical life, the Savior and His teachings (living water) are essential for eternal life.


    

I am going to continue to drink more water and I hope you will too. As an Interstitial Cystitis (IC) patient, it is the best thing to drink for your bladder.  As a human water is the best thing to drink. Choosing The Living Water is the most important decision you will make in your life.  I look forward to meeting The Living Water one day and I can only imagine what it will be like.  I hope you too will choose The Living Water as the one to guide your life.

To learn more about Interstitial Cystitis:

You can follow me on Twitter:

You can follow me on Pinterest:

You can email me:
bbbennett65@gmail.com 




2 comments:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjIQXRxrlbs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Water is vital.BUT not all water is created equal. You will want to drink Evian or add PH drops to any other water!

    ReplyDelete