Friday, March 29, 2013

It's Hard To Keep A Good Man Down

Last weekend I decided to rest as much as possible, so I could get over my cold.  Saturday I only left the house to go for a walk.  Sunday I rested most of the day and then bought groceries late that afternoon.  After my husband and I bought groceries, we hopped back in the car to head home.  However, my car had different plans for us.  It would not start.

My husband called one of his brothers for advice and he tried a few things that did not work. He then called another brother that lives closer by and asked him to come check my car.  I was not feeling well because my IBS was flaring.  My husband told me to call my daughter to see if she could pick me up.  I immediately picked up the phone and called my daughter.  After all, I didn't want him to change his mind.  I felt so weak, I just wanted to go back home and rest.

I am so thankful my husband cared enough about me to let me leave.  I am also so thankful that my daughter cared enough to come to my rescue.

The next day I felt much better and my Interstitial Cystitis (IC) symptoms were not bothering me much.  I had the brilliant idea that I would take one of my daily walks, in the gym at work, on the treadmill.  It was so cold and windy outside, I didn't want to go out in it again.  Apparently you don't use the same muscles to walk outside as you do on a treadmill.  I was so sore that night, I could barely move.

The next day, I worked all day at the office, instead of my usual half day of working from home.  I was so tired that night that I that I laid down early.  When I tried to go to sleep, I was in so much pain that I couldn't sleep.  I had to take a pain pill to knock me out.

I felt better the next day until about 5:00.  I was so tired when I got home from work that I laid in bed for about 45 minutes.  One of my cats wanted to be petted, so it helped occupy my mind for a few minutes to keep it off of the pain.
Later that night we went and picked up my car after it was repaired.

For most of this week, my husband Alan had to get off work early or go in late, so he could take me to work.  I am so thankful that he cares enough to go out of his way to make sure that I had a ride to work and back home.

I am also eternally grateful that my Heavenly Father cares enough about me and you that he sent His Son Jesus to conquer death so that we might have everlasting life. "Don't be alarmed," he said. "You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid him." Mark 16:6
 
After Jesus was crucified and buried, Mary Magdalene  and the other Mary were going to anoint Jesus' body.  This was the custom at the time.   They were expecting to find His body, but the stone was rolled away from the entrance of the tomb instead.  They were told not to be afraid by an angel and that Jesus had risen! It's hard to keep a good man down!!

This is the good news.  Jesus is alive!  He died on the cross for you and me.  He came to earth, so that we could accept Him into our hearts and have eternal life!  Without Christ walking on earth, we would not have access to the Father.  

Easter is a time to remind us of rebirth and renewal.  The joy of Easter is that once we believe then we are forgiven and the gates of heaven are open to us!  We all can have a new life!!

Let's all remember the true meaning of Easter this year.  Whether we are getting together with our families to celebrate or we are preparing Easter baskets for our kids (And yes, I still prepare a basket for my 23 year daughter) let's keep Jesus and His resurrection as the focus of our attention.

 I hope you all have a Happy and Joyous Easter!



Share MayFlowers is a public health and awareness campaign focused primarily on the under-discussed topics of female pelvic and perinatal health, launched by Women's Action Initiative.
To learn more about Interstitial Cystitis:

You can follow me on Twitter:

You can follow me on Pinterest:

You can email me:
bbbennett65@gmail.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment