Sunday, March 3, 2013

Move That Mountain

I have to admit that I have been so depressed lately that it has been hard for me to write and try to encourage others.  I have been thinking so much about ME and MY life and how it is not going how I had it planned because of my Interstitial Cystitis (IC).  But part of life is learning and growing from the changes that happen to you.

My beautiful daughter,Miranda, (see blog post entitled A Gift from God http://bb65ichope.blogspot.com/2012/10/a-gift-from-god.html) turned 23 this week.  My husband and I met her and her boyfriend at her favorite Chinese restaurant to celebrate.  On the way in she said "You better not be planning on them singing Happy Birthday to me."   My husband brought in a couple of gift bags and handed them to Miranda.  The waitress noticed the bags and said "Ah, it's your birthday." to Miranda.  We didn't think anymore about it and certainly did not request them to sing.

Towards the end of our meal, we heard singing over their entire sound system!! Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you...you know the song. It was a recording of the famous song and it sounded so cute.  They brought out a piece of cake with one candle and they had fruit all around the cake in the the shape of little animals. I was very impressed with their whole presentation.

I think my daughter was more embarrassed than impressed.  But she handled it very well and continued to enjoy her birthday celebration.  Maybe it was not what we had planned, but we all made the best of it and laughed about it.

Our lives do not always go in the direction we had planned.  Things happen beyond our control and we have to make the best of it.  Sickness, pain, unexpected bills, career changes are just some of the things that may modify our lives. That is when we need to have faith that everything will work out.

Matthew 17:20 He replied, “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”

Our faith should not be affected by the circumstances in our life. But I always have to be reminded that I need to trust God and that everything will be alright.  I have heard this song several times and liked it. Jason Castro sings it.  You might remember him from American Idol and couple of years ago. It is a simple song, but the meaning is very powerful.  I encourage you to pay close attention to the lyrics.










I have mountains (problems) in my life and so do you. We all have problems, but just think of how small your problems are compared to God. God can make even a mountain seem small.  Look at the latter part of the verse. " Nothing will be impossible for you."  How awesome is that?  Our possibilities are endless and all we have to do is have faith!!  So let's remember that when things don't go as we planned, to have faith and believe that God will always take care of us!!


To learn more about Interstitial Cystitis:
http://www.ichelp.org

You can follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/bb65ichope

You can follow me on Pinterest:
http://pinterest.com/bbbennett65

You can email me:
bbbennett65@gmail.com 











6 comments:

  1. barbara appreciate your blog. I know about the devastation of IC. I have a website at www.sunloversspot.com. Keep hanging in there. teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very encouraging post Mrs. Barbara thanks for sharing and you just keep moving those mountains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing.. It is indeed a new life... I am learning as I go...God Bless !!!

      Delete
    2. Mountain Annie,I pray that God guides you in your journey. Hugs and prayers to you!!!

      Delete
    3. Crystal, thank you for your kind words! I hope you are doing well.

      Delete