Sunday, August 11, 2013

2,2,2

A unique wedding dress, but not the one my daughter picked!
In 2 months, 2 weeks and 2 days, my daughter will be married!  I can hardly believe how fast time is going by now.

My daughter, Miranda, and I went for her wedding dress fitting on Saturday.  As Miranda walked out in that beautiful dress, it made me proud of the dress that she chose to purchase.

As the cute, young girl that was going to be making the alterations, began placing her pins in the dress, she said the the dress "has no rules."   I said "that describes Miranda so well."  Not that she is a rebel or a radical, but that she is very special and unique.
God has made all of us to be different.  We all have our unique talents and gifts to share with others.  When you have Interstitial Cystitis (IC), fibromyalgia or other chronic conditions, you may find that you have to make changes in what you thought were your gifts to share with others.

I know that my plans have changed. I used to teach Sunday School, but I had to give it up when I first got sick.  Now I believe the talent I need to use is exhortation or comfort to others.

When we were at David's Bridal, a saleslady told me that she had a migraine.  Well I have never had a migraine, but I have had pain and disrupted sleep just as she described to me.  I told her that I was sorry and that I hope she felt better.  I hope that I was an encouragement to her.

Think about the things that you are good at, things that come naturally to you.  My husband has the gift of serving.  He thinks nothing of helping a family member or neighbor with yard work or minor home repairs.

You never know what random opportunity you may have to share your talents of giving, sharing, teaching or encouragement.  You will also feel a sense of satisfaction and fulfillment in helping others.  Helping others is an excellent way to take your mind of your pain, problems or trials.

Make an effort to help others in the special way that only you can.  Make up your mind that you are going to make a difference in the life of someone else. I'm sure it will make you feel better.

Romans 12:6-9  We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith;  if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach;  if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.

 What do you think are your special gifts that you can share with others? Leave your comments below.

You can email me:
bbbennett65@gmail.com
You can follow me on Twitter:
You can follow me on Pinterest:

No comments:

Post a Comment