Sunday, August 25, 2013

Peace


I see more than one doctor to treat my Interstitial Cystitis (IC).  I think it is a good idea to have more than one doctor's opinion for my treatment plans.  A second pair of eyes to offer ideas for treatment, medication and advice.

My husband always drives me to see my Urologist. He is not conveniently located, as a matter of fact, he is about an hour and a half away from where I live.  My husband has to take time off from work and so do I.  However, we try make the best of it and eat a nice meal on the way home.

I made a visit to see my Urologist this week. He is the one that suggested I try Elmiron again to try to rebuild my bladder lining.  Elmiron is the only oral drug approved by the FDA for the treatment of pain and discomfort for IC.

I tried it for 7 months, but I decided that the quality of life that I had from the side effects were not worth it for me to take it any longer.  I was nauseated all the time!  Every day was a struggle because I was nauseated.  I was so nauseated that I didn't feel like eating much, so I was also very weak.

During my visit, I told him that I quit taking Elmiron.  I thought he would be disappointed, but he seemed to really understand my reasons for not wanting to take it anymore.  He is not only my doctor, but I feel like he is a friend too.  Not a friend that I hang out with, but he seems to genuinely care about me as a person.

He broke the news to me that he will be leaving and moving far, far away to New York to start his own practice.  What??!!! What about ME??!!  While I am happy that he is able to pursue his dream of having his own practice, forget all that! What about ME??  I left his office discouraged.

He is going to refer me to another doctor in the same office that treats IC patients. All the way home I thought about the possibility that the new doctor won't understand IC as well as he does.  I am usually a very calm person, but I seem to be more anxious in general, now that I have IC and all the other related conditions.  

I was quiet all the way home because I was thinking about having to "break in" a new doctor.  I knew that I was stressing myself and that I shouldn't be, but the thought of any kind of change in my life seems staggering to me right now.

We were almost home and we were riding across a bridge over a lake in my hometown.  I looked up in the sky and saw the most amazing sunset that I have ever seen.  It was filled with blues and purples and a brilliant orange...stunning!

Not the actual sunset I saw, but the colors were similar.


As I saw this beautiful display of God's works, I felt a sense of peace.  I felt like that sunset was just for me.  That is was my heavenly Father's way of telling me that He is always beside me,all the time...even when have to find another doctor to treat my battle with IC.


We are always going to have troubles and concerns in our life, but God promises us the strength and peace to make it through anything.  "Just the time I need him he's always there."

How does God give you peace? Let me know your thoughts below.

You can email me:
bbbennett65@gmail.com

You can follow me on Twitter:
 
You can follow me on Pinterest:

No comments:

Post a Comment