Monday, April 22, 2013

Giddy Up Y'all

Giddy up y'all we're going to a wedding!  My husband and I went to his cousin's wedding on Saturday.  The backdrop was a unique farm in Monroe NC.  A nostalgic place with lots of rustic charm.  The weather was sunny and slightly cool.  It was perfect weather for an outdoor wedding amongst the farm animals. And I was having a good day! Yee haw!!!

We picked up Alan's Mom on the way. We stopped at the Little Country Kitchen in Monroe NC for lunch.  The food was homemade and the atmosphere was charming.  I asked the waitress about the section that was closed off and she said they had wedding receptions in there.  She told me I was welcome to look around.  My mother in law and I ventured into this room and it was like stepping back in time.  The room was full of quaint, antique furniture and even had a old stone fireplace.  The food was good and the people were friendly. I would recommend this place to anyone.

We arrived at the wedding just in time to find a spot to sit.  The seats were wooden benches.  What??!! I can barley sit in a soft, cushioned chair.  How am I going to sit on a wooden bench??  I decided we could find a spot on the back row and I could stand.  Since I have been diagnosed with Interstitial Cystitis (IC), I have also been diagnosed with pelvic floor dysfunction (pfd).  "The “pelvic floor” refers to a group of muscles that attach to the front, back, and sides of the pelvic bone and sacrum (the large fused bone at the bottom of your spine, just above the tailbone). Like a sling or hammock, these muscles support the organs in the pelvis, including the bladder, uterus or prostate, and rectum. They also wrap around your urethra, rectum, and vagina (in women)."  Since I have pfd, it causes me pain in my legs and bottom to sit.  I can tolerate it better on a softer seat and with a heating pad to help with the pain.

It was such a casual setting that I felt very comfortable standing for 99% of the wedding.  As a matter of fact, I was not the only one standing.  I guess when you are at wedding that is right in front of the turkey pen it is a little more of a relaxed atmosphere.

How Elegant!
The bride arrived on a horse carriage.  The carriage was pulled by a beautiful, black horse.  What a majestic touch to the wedding.  The vows were said along with the crowing of a rooster and hen.  Who knows maybe they were in love too.  The turkey put in his two cents worth also.  Maybe he has a thing for the hen as well.  It was quite entertaining and added to the natural setting.  The setting was as natural as falling in love itself.  


Weddings are a chance to celebrate love, family and friends.  Weddings are a public profession of love and commitment to another person. To celebrate the personal relationship we have with our true love.  To let everyone know how proud we are of the special person in our life.

Jesus wants us to have a personal relationship with Him.  He wants us to grow in our relationship with Him. If we grow in our relationship with Him, we will love and obey Him more.  But how in the world do we do that?  “Jesus replied: ‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment.’” (Matthew 22:37-38)

God communicates to us through the Bible.  If we read our Bible, we will know what God wants to communicate to us personally.  We need some quiet time every day to open God's word, so that He can reveal Himself to us as an individual.

How Purdy
We communicate with God through prayer.  We simply talk to God.  We tell Him what we need.  We thank Him for all that He gives us.  We can ask Him to open our hearts, so that He will reveal Himself more to us.  We ask for His peace over our lives.

Communication is essential for all of our personal relationships.  We open our hearts for love and commitment from our spouse.  Likewise we should open our hearts, our Bible and our communication for a personal relationship with our Lord.

My Mother in Law and Me
The Beautiful Bride, Her Mom and Her Aunts





Share MayFlowers is a public health and awareness campaign focused primarily on the under-discussed topics of female pelvic and perinatal health, launched by Women's Action Initiative.
To learn more about Interstitial Cystitis:

You can follow me on Twitter:


You can follow me on Pinterest:

You can email me:
bbbennett65@gmail.com









No comments:

Post a Comment