Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Snow Wave

Each time my co-worker even mentioned the word "snow" I did my little snow dance...um, well it is more like a wave than a dance...okay, so I just really sat at my desk and lifted my hands in the air.  I told her not to get me all excited about snow if it was not going to happen!!

I am like a kid when I hear about snow.  Where I live if we have one "good snow" a year then I am very happy.  It has been a couple of years since we had a good, fluffy snow that stayed on the ground so we were due.

The day it was supposed to snow I was hoping to go home early from work.  You know like a "snow day" at school when you are let out early or better yet the WHOLE day is a snow day! Our forecast said that the snow would start at 12:00 p.m.  My co-worker and I kept waiting and looking out the window like two youngsters who had nothing to do but wait for the snow and then go play in it.  It would snow a little then stop...nothing to get excited about...yet!

About 4:00 p.m. that afternoon my little snow wave started paying off.  I stayed at work until 5:00 p.m. then I hurried home to enjoy the white stuff.  It was a beautiful, powdery snow.  The kind that makes a great snowman.

All I wanted to do was watch the snow falling and see God's blanket of whiteness fill the outdoors.  I was prepared for the snow storm.  I had bread and milk. My husband had a fire going in our buck stove. When I got home all I had to do was sit back and appreciate the beauty of the flakes falling and rest by the fire...ahhhhh!

The next morning I was able to sleep late and go outside for a walk just as the sun started shining. It was cold but I bundled up really well and headed out for my walk.  I was prepared so well that I didn't even get cold...or maybe that was just a little bit of the "kid in me" coming out saying "I'm not cold!"   Whatever it was I enjoyed my walk and appreciated the beautiful splendor of this winter wonderland.
Yes he is small but he has a big heart!
I was prepared for the snow storm they called Leon, but what about the parents of baby Grace?  She was born in the backseat of her parent's car.  They were on their way to the hospital to give birth, but the weather had them stuck in traffic near Atlanta. Maybe they had been to Lamaze classes.  Maybe since it was not their first child they were pros at birthing babies...or maybe they just remained calm and did the best they could with what they had.

http://www.weather.com/news/baby-grace-doing-great-after-mom-gives-birth-car-atlantas-gridlocked-i-285-20140129

How could they have ever known what they were about to experience?  How do any of us prepare for the things that happen to us in life??  Well from my own experience I think the best way to "prepare" for the storms in our life is to have faith.  I thought my faith was strong...

However, when Interstitial Cystitis (IC) came into my life, it changed my life forever.  If I didn't have faith at all I'm not sure how my life would be now.  Sometimes there are things that happen in our life that rock us to our core.  IC has been one of those changes in my life.

Sometimes God calls us to rely on our faith to guide us.  I'm talking about walking on the water, mind blowing faith.  Faith that calls us out of the boat and into the water. Faith that if we follow will take us out of our comfort zone and into God's will. And even when we stumble and doubt Jesus, He is there to reach out his hand to save us!



It is impossible to know everything that might happen to us in our lives but being prepared can make the rough ride a little less bumpy.  Keeping our faith strong by praying, studying and encouraging others is a good way to give your soul peace and rest.

Now I know how to make it snow around here.  All I have to do is my little snow wave over and over.  Then I just have to make sure I have all the bread and milk I need for the snow storm. I think the best way to be prepared for the storms and trials in our life is to have faith that you can trust God no matter what and remain calm and do the best you can with what you have!



I hope you will share your thoughts below.


Oceans (Where Feet May Fail) - Hillsong United


For more information on Interstitial Cystitis 
please visit the ICA's Website

For more information on Fibromyalgia 
please visit the Fibromyalgia Network's Website

For more information on Physical Therapy
please visit Proaxis' website:

You can email me:
bbbennett65@gmail.com


You can follow me on Twitter:



You can follow me on Pinterest:



For more information on Physical Therapy
please visit Proaxis' website:

For more information on Interstitial Cystitis 
please visit the ICA's Website

For more information on Fibromyalgia 
please visit the Fibromyalgia Network's Website

You can email me:
bbbennett65@gmail.com


You can follow me on Twitter:


You can follow me on Pinterest:








No comments:

Post a Comment