Sunday, May 18, 2014

I Am A Flower

As I hurriedly tried to clean my house and make it as comfortable as possible for my family, I also had a sense of excitement. It has been months since I had seen some of them.  It was also Mother's Day and I looked forward to celebrating the life of my mother.  

Alan, my husband, had to work so I knew I wouldn't be able to commit to cooking too.  My sister happily volunteered her husband for the duty.  She also said she would do all of the grocery shopping.  I will gladly host the party if you do all the shopping and cooking!

My brother and his wife arrived about 2:00.  Then my sister and her husband and my Mom.  I quickly asked my sister-in-law to help me.  She started preparing the hamburger patties.  My sister joined in by preparing the vegetables, etc.  I had already prepared a few things to go along with the meal.

My brother-in-law took charge of grilling the burgers.  It took a long time, but I was so thankful that he was able to help so much. He has major pain issues of his own.  But he is fighting the fight that many of us know daily.  I appreciate his help with all of our family celebrations. 

Mama was able to sit back and relax and enjoy her visit with our family and my brother's fury friend.  I thought she looked great and I was so thankful to celebrate the life of a strong, intelligent, kind, faith-filled inspiration in my life.

The flower I gave her matched her shirt!



 

Later that same evening, about 7:30, my daughter came by to see me.  She had worked twelve hours and I know that she was tired.  I was so happy that she came by to visit.  She gave me the sweetest card ever.  It made me very emotional.  It was so thoughtful.  She also gave me one of those gecko looking things to hang on the wall. This one is blue, green and purple.  I can't wait to add him to my collection!
 
 

I have to admit that in the moment of all these things I took them for granted. For one thing I was sooo tired.  I had been up and down out of my chair so many times. I was kaput!  But now that I have had time to reflect on the moments, I realize just how special they were.

How many times do we take God for granted?  We just go along day after day not even thinking of Him at all until something goes wrong and then we expect Him to take care of everything.  We continue to sin and He continues to love us.  We continue to sin and He forgives us as if nothing happened.  He loves us not because of anything that we do, but because of who He is. He loves us despite how many times we fail Him. 

 I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow.  God and His love are forever!

He loves us despite how many times we fail Him.

 
You can email me:
bbbennett65@gmail.com

You can follow me on Twitter:

You can follow me on Pinterest:


  






No comments:

Post a Comment