Sunday, May 4, 2014

Pain Demons

Monday I went for my second visit to Pain Management.  I had the pleasure of a Lumbar Epidural Steroid Injection.  Since the injection in my sacroiliac joint two weeks ago did not seem to help we tried something different.

It was not fun.  I felt a lot of pressure almost like a menstrual cramp (a dull achy pain) in my back during the injection.  My husband drove me home and I rested most of the evening.

My Tigger Took A Selfie
The next day after work I was in bed with a lot of pain.  I think the pain demons were cranking up the level. Almost as if to say to me...You are not getting rid of us!

One of my kitties were in bed with me.  I felt a great sense of comfort from Tigger.  I concentrated on the soothing sound of his intense purr.  He is one of my oldest and most friendly cats.  He starts purring when you move or look at him.  He is such a sweetie!



  
Is That My Tigger Wearing a Bikini??!!  







 

When I am feeling bad I try to take a break and enjoy the little things in life.  The wonderful, warm sunshine coming through the windows in my living room.  The picture of my beautiful daughter on her wedding day hanging on my refrigerator.  The colorful flowers starting to bloom on my deck.  The cute, tiny baby birds that were just born in a nest on my front porch.

Take charge of the things you CAN control.  You might be sick or be feeling lousy but don't let Interstitial Cystitis or Fibromyalgia or loneliness or whatever you are feeling take control of your life. Take a break and enjoy life.  Ask God to help you and guide you.  You can always count on Him. Regardless of your crisis God is always trustworthy!


You can email me:
bbbennett65@gmail.com


You can follow me on Twitter:

You can follow me on Pinterest:





 







No comments:

Post a Comment