Sunday, March 9, 2014

Set It Free

As I was leaving church last Sunday I walked out to the parking lot and heard "You backed into me!" "No you backed into me!  As they were backing out of the parking lot a truck hit a car or...a car hit a truck.

The first thing I did was ask if anyone was hurt.  They all said no. The tension of the discussion had me a little flustered, but I am more anxious now that I have Interstitial Cystitis and so many other medical problems.  I was calm enough to suggest that we call the Police and let them decide as a unbiased third party.  The lady driving the car had her cell phone out and dialed 911.

The driver of the car and I started talking.  Her husband and the other gentleman were chit chatting as well.  It didn't take the Policeman long to arrive at the scene. He took their credentials and began to prepare the report.

I continued jabbering the whole time and enjoyed getting to know her better, but I was starting to feel tired.  However I thought it was important to provide them with moral support regardless of how I felt.  The police report stated that they were both at fault and each needed to contact their insurance carrier and no one was charged.  We all said our good byes and went our separate ways.


This Sunday I saw her at church.  We talked about the fender bender.  She stated the there was no need in being upset about it.  She said it would not have helped anyone for them to be agitated about the situation.  In other words she didn't let it bother her.  She decided to not have any bitter feelings about the whole situation.

It made me think about this song "Forgiveness" by Matthew West. Most of the time we are so busy trying to "be right" about something we don't care about who we hurt in the process.  It takes courage to forgive and sometimes it is not easy but it is important.  It is important for us because it sets us free.  
Staying mad at someone even when they treat you wrong can bring on much unneeded stress and sometimes medical problems in our lives.

So the next time you are mad at someone and need to forgive them follow that whisper inside your head that is saying "set it free" do yourself a favor and let it go.  Ask God to help you to do what seems impossible...set it free!

Feel free to leave any comments below.  I would love to hear your thoughts.

You can email me:
bbbennett65@gmail.com

You can follow me on Twitter:

You can follow me on Pinterest:

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment