Sunday, April 6, 2014

The Guessing Game



Wednesday was a crazy day. I went to work at my church for two hours. I really enjoy working there. I am able to talk to and learn from my Pastor more. There is always someone from my church family dropping by and I can chit chat with them. And the surroundings are...shhh.... peaceful and quiet...I really like that!


I left church and went for my yearly eye exam. I explained that I was having some difficulty seeing smaller numbers. She changed my bifocal prescription so that it would be stronger. I decided to keep the same frames and I still had to pay a rather large sum. Especially on my new lower income. I charged it. I should have enough money saved up by the time the bill is due to pay it off. I will also receive a discount the next time I shop on Amazon. Credit cards are okay, I think, if you use them wisely.


When I left there I went to work at the Construction Company. There was a lot of paper shredding that needed to be done so I worked on that for a while. I sat on the floor and fed sheet after sheet until the shredder was full. Then I bagged it up and took it outside.


By the time I went home my bladder was very unhappy with me. She let me know it in a very painful way. My bladder was hurting more that it has in a long time. My stomach was swollen, my pelvic area was painful, my back pain and sciatica had kicked it up a notch or two. I began to play the guessing game...was it because I sat on the floor? Could it be something I ate or drank? What about the weather and all that pollen?? 

I never win at the guessing game. I believe that Interstitial Cystitis, Fibromyalgia (Fibro), etc., etc. are going to do what they want to do, when they want to do it, no matter what I do. Of course I also believe there are certain things that I do to try to keep peace with my bladder and my Fibro. I watch my diet and exercise. I also do the three P's: Play music, Pray and take Pain Pills. But not necessarily in that order. But I do strongly believe that Prayer is one of the most powerful things I can do as Christian. I also think a distraction such as music helps me concentrate on something else other than the pain. And pain pills help me have a semi-normal life at times.


My bladder was telling me to stay home, but my heart longed for more Christian fellowship. I ignored her and went to church. My heart was blessed in more ways than one. Being with other Christians was heartwarming. We divided up into small groups. My group was talking about “Giving” in the church or tithing. One of my fellow Christians pointed out that we are supposed to have Faith when we are giving to God. He spoke about the Widow's offering. She gave everything that she had. Those words really stood out in my head. And I am thankful that he reminded me of this.

Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many rich people threw in large amounts.  But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins, worth only a few cents.” Mark 12:41-42

There was also a little girl at church. I had just meet her Sunday when I sat and talked with her and some of her friends. She asked her Grandfather if she could sit with me. She sat right beside me and let me hug her like we had known each other all her life. She asked me if I remembered her name and I did. Then I asked if she remembered my name and she did. She made me forget the pain for a while. She made my day by spending time with me...I love children. I stayed until about 8:30. It was a day filled with waaaaay too much sitting, doing and going for me, but also full of blessings.  Since I didn't win the guessing game I won the blessing game!

You can email me:
bbbennett65@gmail.com

You can follow me on Twitter:

You can follow me on Pinterest:











No comments:

Post a Comment